Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Salt Lake City home.
Sump pumps can stop running for a number of different reasons and we’ve probably witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Service Experts a call to come out and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with a few preventive maintenance tips to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our staff will check your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any evidence of a impending mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is important to take note there are multiple simple things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 801-871-8425
or request an appointment online.